Home Hunting Comparison Checklist
April 11, 2022|Posted in: home, real estate
Started hunting for a home to buy? Have too many questions in your mind? Not to worry! We at luxurykeralaflats.com, the prime real estate portal to buy flats in Kerala are here to help you with a Home Hunting Comparison Checklist.
When you are buying a home, it’s a big decision for you and family. You might want to decide if it’s a villa or a luxury flat in Kochi if you are planning to live there. How far from work would it be? Under construction flat or ready to live, amenities you want and much more.
To make all these decisions easier, you’ll need a house hunting comparison checklist to help you remember all the important details to look out for while shopping for the right villa or flat in Kerala.
Here’s a few factors you should consider before making the decision to buy:
- Crime rates in the neighbourhood
- Noise pollution
- Proximity to work
- Traffic hubs nearby
- Nearby educational institutions
While buying a property, check if RERA registration is there. This solves half the issues and complaints attached to a new property. Every document must be thoroughly checked, either by a finance or legal professional;
Even if the builder tells you the size of the room; verify the actual carpet area.
The density of the apartment-towers, landscape design, pet policy and pet areas, and recreational facilities are some of the things to look for.
Verify the market rate for the property you are buying. At times, people can escalate the price;
You should check out the interiors of the home you are going to buy! Keep an eye for any serious interior issues.
- Any watermarks, and cracks in walls or warped floors can be a sign of really big issues in a home. Signs of water damage or termites can be disturbing.
- Check out the walls and ceiling for any bubbling as water damage may be difficult and expensive to repair.
- Leaky water heaters and eroded wires can be hard and expensive to fix.
- Check if there are any clogged pipes. If the water does not come out clear; you may need to replace the pipes.
- Check the electrical points cautiously. Flickering lights can be a sign of potential electrical wiring issues.
- If the AC is noisy while working, you may need to replace it.
- Check for quality and design of kitchen and bedroom storage and the possibility of creating more storage.
- Check for natural ventilation of the house.
- If the area suffers from mosquito or bug issues, ask your builder if provision for bug mesh could be made
It’s better to hire a home inspector instead of doing the basic checks yourself. If there is additional cost for you may get to negotiate it in the housing cost.
Ensure to bring your home hunting comparison checklist when you’re looking for your next home. Contact us at luxurykeralaflats.com to buy flats in Kerala particularly luxury Kerala flats in Kochi.
Leave a Reply