Buying a home under PMAY
June 4, 2022|Posted in: real estate
Planning on buying a home under PMAY? One of the most progressive housing schemes launched by the Government of India in 2015, Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (PMAY) aims at developing four crore pucca homes in rural areas and two crores homes in urban areas. The final objective is realising ‘Housing for All’ by 2022.
Here’s an insight on the topic by luxurykeralaflats.com, the best real estate portal to buy flats in Kerala, especially luxury flats in Kochi.
The PMAY scheme specifically targets:
- Economically Weaker Sections (EWS)
- Lower Income Groups (LIG)
- Middle Income Groups (MIG) under PMAY (Urban).
Nearly 88 lakh housing units have been sanctioned under the PMAY scheme till date.
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (PMAY) Eligibility Criteria (Urban)
- You or any member of your family should not be an owner of a pucca house made of high-quality material.
- Your family unit must be constituted of you, your spouse and children who do not have significant others of their own.
- The house purchased must have at least one adult female member owning or co-owning it.
- The property must fall under all the statutory towns as per 2011 census.
- People belonging to SC/ST/OBC groups will be included into the minority segment and must provide relevant caste and income certificates.
How to check PMAY eligibility?
Just follow the steps mentioned further to ascertain if you are a beneficiary of PMAY –
- Visit pmaymis.gov.in and click on ‘Citizen Assessment’ tab.
- Select ‘Benefits under other 3 components‘ or ‘For slum dwellers‘ options.
- Enter Aadhar card number & other personal details.
- Enter Captcha code.
- Click on save the form.
- Your application is now complete, and you may save it or print it for future use.
Common documents required to buy a home under PMAY scheme:
- Fully-filled application form.
- Self-affidavit income certificate (only if the income is below taxable limit)
- Income Proof – Original Salary Slip/Salary Certificate/Other income
- Unique Identification – PAN Card/Aadhar Card/ Voter ID Card/Driving Licence/MNREGA No. Any Other Number or A Certificate of house ownership from Revenue Authority of Beneficiary’s Native District, etc.
- Nationality Identification Proof
- Caste certificate/Proof of category (whether belonging to SC/ST/OBC/Minority)
- Copy of address proof
- Latest I-T Return/ I-T assessment Order/Form No. 16 if applicable
- Affidavit from the beneficiary stating that he/she or any of the family members do not own a pucca house in any part of India
- EWS/LIG Income certificate
- A brief note on the nature of business/activity/self-drawn attested financial statement/business licence in case of self-employed
- Statement of Bank Account for last 6 months
PMAY functions across Slum Rehabilitation, Private Partnership, Beneficiary-led Construction and Credit-linked Subsidy Scheme (CLSS). As a beneficiary of the scheme, you can get financing for buying a home under PMAY from scheduled commercial banks, small finance banks, housing finance companies and regional rural banks. Get in touch with us at luxurykeralaflats.com to buy flats in Kerala.